All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngaging, revealing, and idiosyncratic stories on design from 100 top luminaries of the design world. Maharam Stories contains engaging, revealing, and inspiring texts by the most significant designers and writers working today-from John Pawson's musing on the eleventh-century abbey of Le Thoronet, which he cites as an endless source of inspiration for his own minimalist architecture, to Alice Rawsthorn on her favourite nineteenth-century chocolate shop in Vienna (still going strong). Some are humorous lessons in design, such as Murray Moss's story about growing up with a water fountain in their family's dining room, installed by his scientist father who believed in hygiene over aesthetics. Others reveal how politics can inform design, such as Stefan Sagmeister's story of a cheap plastic watch given to him by Ben Cohen (of Ben and Jerry's) which shows in colourful pie chart graphics that year's national budget spending-with over half going to the Pentagon. With commissioned and unique photography and images and the texts by significant design luminaries, Maharam Stories is sure to both delight and educate design lovers.
- Author BiographyMichael Maharam is the CEO of Maharam and a recipient of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award for Design Patron. Alice Rawsthorn is a design writer and weekly contributor to the International New York Times. John Pawson is the minimalist architect and author. Murray Moss is the former proprietor of MOSS in New York. John Maeda is the international digital artist and designer and former president of the Rhode Island School of Design. Michael Rock is an author and cofounder of the design studio 2x4.
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication12/07/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkira Rizzoli
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMichael Maharam
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.