All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday regarded as one of the most important composers, during his lifetime Gustav Mahler was best kwn as one of the world's most acclaimed conductors. Mahler's Concerts provides the first complete history of Mahler on the podium with detailed information including the works performed, soloists and concert halls for each of the more than 300 concerts he conducted with leading orchestras including the New York Philharmonic, for which he served as Music Director for the last few years of his life. In addition to a chrological listing of each concert, various indexes provide the ability to track down concerts by composer or soloist. In addition, there are fascinating tables that rank which composers and works were Mahler's favourites. There are also introductions which describe Mahler's life and musical activities for each chapter. A special feature of the book is the more than 250 reproductions of rare programs, playbills and advertisements covering the concerts Mahler conducted.
- Author BiographyKnud Martner is one of the foremost authorities on Mahler. In recognition of his contribution to Mahler scholarship Knud Martner was awarded the coveted gold medal of the International Gustav Mahler Society in Vienna.
- Author(s)Knud Martner
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content NoteOver 200 primary documents
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.