All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionMaidenhead lies on the west bank of the River Thames and forms part of the county of Berkshire. One of the largest settlements in the area, Maidenhead has a rich and fascinating history. Recorded as Ellington in the Domesday Book, the town's present name refers to the 'new wharf', or 'Maiden Hythe', on the riverside. Upon the coming of the Great Western Railway, the town underwent significant expansion. Today, Maidenhead is a thriving town with a population of 78,000 people. In Maidenhead Through Time, authors Elias Kupfermann and Carol Dixon-Smith invite the reader on a captivating photographic tour of Maidenhead past and present, showcasing the town's many historical features. From industry to entertainment, shops to parks, every aspect of Maidenhead's past is explored in this fascinating volume. Maidenhead Through Time is essential reading for anyone who kws and loves this Berkshire town.
- Author BiographyElias Kupfermann has been carrying out historical research in the UK for over thirty years. He is currently studying for a PhD in History at the University of Leicester, and also writes a local history column covering Berkshire and Buckinghamshire for a local newspaper. Elias gives regular talks on history, and has also participated in archaeological excavations throughout Europe and the Middle East. Carol Dixon-Smith was born in Belfast, and has had a lifelong interest in history. Carol studied and taught history at secondary level, and after marrying a soldier, fitted in research around military postings and raising their daughters. She has been a full-time bookseller and events manager for many years, is the founder and director of the Thames Valley History Festival, and is an active member of the Windsor Local History Group.
- Author(s)Carol Dixon-Smith,Elias Kupfermann
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication13/11/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.