About this product
- DescriptionThe middle coast of Maine is dotted with quaint fishing villages and green landscapes, drenched in sunlight or shrouded in thick fog. This collection of photographs artfully captures the harbours and lighthouses, small towns and hidden coves. Glimpse of the people's lives, the toil of the fishing industry and the joy of a Fourth of July jubilee or a farmer's market. The book concentrates on the area along Route 1 between Maine's two largest navigable rivers, the Kennebec and the Pebscot, that is rich in colonial and maritime history. From the mouth of the Kennebec River, where the Popham Colony was settled in 1607, the book goes on a grand tour of Bath, Wisscaset, Boothbay Harbor, Southport, New Castle, Damariscotta, Pemaquid, Waldoboro, Friendship, Thomaston, Port Clyde, Rockland, Rockport, Camden, Isleboro, Bayside, Belfast, and Searsport, with many points between. It offers landscapes, seascapes, architecture, and monuments that make this area special. Each place is enriched with interesting information from an insider's point of view and photographs that reveal the artist's eye. The book is encouragement to explore this region more deeply and a reminder of places visited.
- Author BiographyAntelo Devereux, Jr. has been photographing since the age of 10. He has exhibited in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maine and his photographs are in many private collections. This is his sixth book. He resides with his family in Chester County, PA.
- Author(s)Antelo Devereux
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note148 colour photos
- Weight338 g
- Width232 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $24.33Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $14.41
- AU $18.72Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $24.29Trending at AU $24.59
- AU $23.28Trending at AU $24.38
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.