All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUncover the secrets to sailing fast whilst remaining in control. Mainsail trimming is t only a physically and mentally demanding role on a boat; it is also one of the most crucial. You need a deep and subtle appreciation of sail shapes and the controls used to achieve them. Most significantly, the role requires an obsession with acquiring and retaining speed. This book is here to help and it has been written in a groundbreaking way. Every effort has been made to simplify the subject and explain everything that you need to kw without blinding you with science. Sailing termilogy has been reined-in as much as possible and only information relating to mainsail trimming has been included. High quality photographs and illustrations are used throughout to simplify this complex subject. This is achieved by showing the sail shapes needed to make the boat go fast and stay under control. Only one sailing role is dealt with to further simplify the subject and make sailing more accessible to the newcomer.
- Author BiographyFelix Marks is an experienced yacht racer who splits his time between London and Sydney.
- Author(s)Felix Marks
- PublisherFernhurst Books Limited
- Date of Publication27/09/2007
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationArundel
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width171 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.