Mainstay: A Twentieth Century Life. Soldier-farmer-musician-horseman-artist by Val ffrench Blake (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMainstay is mostly the narrative of Val ffrench Blake's life, but the last part of the book he called A Catalogue of Pleasures and it is just that - a record of those activities and people who enriched this remarkable life.
- Author BiographyVal ffrench Blake was born in Rawalpindi in 1913, and raised in England following the death of his father during the First World War. After attending Eton and Sandhurst, he was commissioned into the 17th/21st Lancers, eventually taking command of the regiment in Italy in 1944. After the War, he returned to Sandhurst to teach, before leaving the Army to indulge with his wife and family in a life of farming, art and equestrian sports, to name just a few of his many pleasures. During his busy life, he also found time to write. He is the author of A History of the 17th/21st Lancers (Macmillan), The Crimean War (Archon Books) and various books on dressage and equestrianism. He died in March 2011, leaving behind his two sons.
- Author(s)Val ffrench Blake
- PublisherBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Content Note108 photographs
- Weight912 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.