All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a practical guide to the materials, techniques and processes of maiolica. This thorough and clear coverage of the subject is informative, colourful and amply illustrated with work by contemporary makers. Maiolica is a well established and traditional medium which is still used today in a wide variety of ways. After a brief historical overview of the subject, the book looks first at the basic essentials, covering the materials and processes involved covering clay bodies, glazing and pigments and firing, and then moves on to explore surface treatments in depth. It describes all the usual techniques associated with maiolica such as brushwork, sgraffito, wax resist, stencils, sponging and on-glaze decoration, as well as some more unusual methods and combinations. Colour photos are used throughout, with both step-by-step photos and examples of work by worldwide contemporary practitioners.
- Author BiographyDaphne Carnegy has been a maiolica practitioner and teacher for over 25 years. She is currently teaching at City and Islington College.She is also the author of the highly regarded Tin-glazed Earthenware, also published by A & C Black.
- Author(s)Daphne Carnegy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleCeramics Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note100+, full colour throughout
- Weight283 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.