Major Problems in American Urban and Suburban History by Howard P. Chudacoff, Peter C. Baldwin, Thomas G. Paterson (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $78.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers an examination of the nation's urban development and reflects the city's pivotal role in the unfolding of American history. The Second Edition has been significantly revised to include more than 75% new content and a greater emphasis on suburbanization and historically marginalized groups. Chapters included in this edition focus on the lower classes and class relations and conditions; the evolution of techlogy; race relations and redevelopment in the postwar era; and significant changes in urbanization. In order to address the current urban climate, the final chapter focuses on violence and the search for security in a post-September 11th America.
- Author BiographyHoward P. Chudacoff, the George L. Littlefield Professor of American History and Professor of Urban Studies at Brown University, was born in Omaha, Nebraska. He earned his A.B. (1965) and Ph.D. (1969) from the University of Chicago. He has written MOBILE AMERICANS (1972), HOW OLD ARE YOU (1989), THE AGE OF THE BACHELOR (1999), THE EVOLUTION OF AMERICAN URBAN SOCIETY (with Judith Smith, 2004), and CHILDREN AT PLAY: AN AMERICAN HISTORY (2007). He has also co-edited, with Peter Baldwin, MAJOR PROBLEMS IN AMERICAN URBAN HISTORY (2004). His articles have appeared in such journals as the JOURNAL OF FAMILY HISTORY, REVIEWS IN AMERICAN HISTORY, and JOURNAL OF AMERICAN HISTORY. At Brown University, Howard has co-chaired the American Civilization Program, chaired the Department of History, and serves as Brown's faculty representative to the NCAA. He has also served on the board of directors of the Urban History Association. The National Endowment for the Humanities, Ford Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation have given him awards to advance his scholarship.
- Author(s)Howard P. Chudacoff,Peter C. Baldwin,Thomas G. Paterson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/05/2004
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width167 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.