All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the basics and moving gradually to greater challenges, this book takes you step-by-step through experiments and projects that show you how to make your Ardui or Raspberry Pi create and control movement, light, and sound. In other words: action! The Ardui is a simple microcontroller with an easy-to-learn programming environment, while the Raspberry Pi is a tiny Linux-based computer. This book clearly explains the differences between the Ardui and Raspberry Pi, when to use them, and to which purposes each are best suited. Using these widely available and inexpensive platforms, you'll learn to control LEDs, motors of various types, soleids, AC (alternating current) devices, heaters, coolers, displays, and sound. You'll even discover how to monitor and control these devices over the Internet. Working with solderless breadboards, you'll get up and running quickly, learning how to make projects that are as fun as they are informative. In Make: Action, you'll learn to: Build a can crusher using a linear actuator with your Ardui Have an Ardui water your plants Build a personal traffic signal using LEDs Make a random balloon popper with Ardui Cool down your beverages with a thermostatic drink cooler you build yourself Understand and use the PID control algorithm Use Raspberry Pi to create a puppet dance party that moves to your tweets!
- Author BiographyDr. Simon Monk has a degree in Cybernetics and Computer Science and a PhD in Software Engineering. Simon spent several years as an academic before he returned to industry, co-founding the mobile software company Momote Ltd. He has been an active electronics hobbyist since his early teens. Simon is now a full time author and his books include 'Getting Started with IOIO', '30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius', '15 Dangerously Mad Projects for the Evil Genius' and 'Arduino + Android Projects for the Evil Genius'.
- Author(s)Simon Monk
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMaker Media
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight718 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.