All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom self-publishing wunderkind Dallas Clayton comes a book of illustrated poems full of wisdom, wonder, and whimsy. A boy with a beard tries to stay six forever. A frightful monster lives a million miles away, but is equally scared of you. A magic rope hangs from the sky, next to a sign saying Give me a try. In this brightly illustrated selection of playful, often provocative poems, ideas run the gamut from stopping your lightning-fast running to help others keep up, imagining a store that sells colors never before made, or admitting you'll never kw all the answers (and sleeping better at night). Following the runaway success of his self-published debut, Dallas Clayton's quirky, captivating collection makes it clear that this rising talent, whose work has evoked comparisons to Dr. Seuss, Maurice Sendak, and Shel Silverstein, exudes a spirit and style all his own. From hot new children's book author, illustrator and phem Dallas Clayton, author of best-selling The Awesome Book and The Awesome Book of Thanks published by Amazon Encore. With an innate sense of childlike wonderment and fun, these poems and whimsical, bold illustrations will amuse and delight parents and children alike. Perfect for gifting any time, makes an excellent graduation present, and has wide appeal in all markets and to all ages. Hugely popular in various media and hollywood circles, Dallas' first book, An Awesome Book , with sales of over 50,000 copies to date, was featured in DailyCandy, Wired Magazine , and The Huffington Post . The book also became a favorite among the Hollywood elite, featured on Gwenyth Paltrow's parenting blog GOOP and touted by Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake, and read aloud by Joaquin Phoenix in his mockumentary I'm Still Here .
- Author BiographyDallas Clayton was hired in 2009 as the editor-in-chief of We Love You So, an art magazine founded by director Spike Jonze, designed to tie into Where the Wild Things Are, Jonze's adaptation of Maurice Sendak's classic children's book. He is an active philanthropist, having founded the nonprofit Awesome World Foundation in 2009. The foundation has sent books to charitable causes around the world and also gives away books at Dallas Clayton's classroom readings and book tour events. He has a son with actress Shannon Sossomon (A Knight's Tale) and lives in Southern California.
- Author(s)Dallas Clayton
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width220 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dallas Clayton
- Interest Age7 years +
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.08
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.