All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn eleven original, surprising and deliciously dark stories, Victoria Redel moves effortlessly between men's and women's perspectives in stories that explore marriage, divorce and parenthood. A newly divorced mother stumbles her way back into single life. A young man and his girlfriend clean out his dead mother's overstuffed home. A woman struggles to hide her affair from a doting husband and inquisitive daughter. A man descends into a drug-fueled dream as he imagines losing his pregnant wife to a historical, nineteenth century figure. Redel indelibly captures the ways we love, the ways we yearn and the ways we sabotage each. Throughout the collection, children struggle to make sense of the adult world's uncertainties as husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, find themselves pressed up against their own limits, the exaltations and treasons of one's own mothy heart. Redel has again done what Grace Paley said of Redel's first collection, Only a poet could have written this prose. Only a storyteller could keep a reader turning these pages so greedily.
- Author BiographyAuthor of four books of fiction and three poetry collections, VICTORIA REDEL teaches at Sarah Lawrence College and lives in NYC.
- Author(s)Victoria Redel
- PublisherFour Way Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFour Way Books
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.