All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionSee the blazing Yule before us . This is just one of the many ancient British folk songs we all kw and love. Other tunes and symbols that tug on our memories have similar historical roots, hearkening back to a shared Pagan past. At one time interwoven into the spiritual fabric of everyday life, the dances, songs, and theatrical plays in the English folk tradition are w little kwn to most of the modern Pagan community. Reviving these vital traditions can bring new life to Renaissance festivals, neopagan rituals, and community events.Introducing the lively music and homegrown entertainment of times long past, this descriptive how-to is designed for twenty-first-century joviality. The songs, dances, and plays of old are explained in their mythical, seasonal, and historical significance and outlined for easy reenactment. Simple-to-follow instructions detail six dances including the popular Abbots Bromley Horn dance, six full scripts for dramatic performances of Mummer's Plays (folk plays of death and rebirth), and over thirty songs with lyrics and music. Kick up your heels, hold high your skirts, and make merry the year through.
- Author BiographyBronwen Forbes shares dances, songs, and plays in workshops at various Pagan and Wiccan festivals, Pride Days, and conferences across the country. For four years, Forbes was dance captain for the Washington Revels, an organization dedicated to preserving and sharing historical seasonal folk songs, dances, and stories from around the world.
- Author(s)Bronwen Forbes
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations, music, lyrics, bibliography, woodblock reprints, dance diagrams
- Weight540 g
- Width190 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.