All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn invaluable primer to the world of investing Money Lessons from a Money Manager speaks directly to the individual who wants to manage their own investment portfolio just like a professional portfolio manager would. Written by portfolio manager William Thomason, this comprehensive guide provides professional investment advice on how to identify, research and ultimately purchase profitable investments. The book covers such subjects as fundamental analysis, understanding financial statements and financial ratios, when to buy and sell, portfolio construction and various investment strategies that readers can use to manage their own money just like a professional portfolio manager. Easy to read and informative, this book is a valuable resource for readers looking to take their first steps in the world of professional portfolio management for themselves.
- Author BiographyWilliam E. Thomason is a professional money manager who manages both traditional and alternative investments for his firm as its Chief Investment Officer. He currently serves on the board of three private companies, is a member of NASP (National Association of Securities Professionals), and is the founder of the Wall Street Wizards Urban Financial Literacy Program and The Wall Street West Financial Literacy Fund, a non-profit organization bringing financial literacy and career opportunities to urban youth. He also serves as a consultant to a $75 million Community Development Venture Capital Fund-investing in privately held inner-city businesses-and is a founding member of Urban Economy, a nonprofit membership network dedicated to fostering innovation in urban communities. Thomason has appeared in numerous financial publications such as Black Enterprise, Smart Money, Barron's and the Wall Street Journal. He has also received numerous awards in acknowledgment of his professional and civic achievements. Thomason is a popular speaker and resides in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Author(s)William Thomason
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2005
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Foreword byCharles R. Schwab
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.