Make Space: How to Set the Stage for Creative Collaboration by Scott Witthoft, Scott Doorley, Hasso Platner Institute of Design at Stanford University (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $66.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are determined to encourage creativity and provide a collaborative environment that will bring out the best in people, you will want this book by your side at all times. Bill Moggridge, Director of the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum Make Space is an articulate account about the importance of space; how we think about it, build it and thrive in it. James P. Hackett, President and CEO, Steelcase An inspiring guidebook filled with ways to alter space to fuel creative work and foster collaboration. Based on the work at the Stanford University d.school and its Environments Collaborative Initiative, Make Space is a tool that shows how space can be intentionally manipulated to ignite creativity. Appropriate for designers charged with creating new spaces or anyone interested in revamping an existing space, this guide offers vel and n-obvious strategies for changing surroundings specifically to enhance the ways in which teams and individuals communicate, work, play--and invate. Inside are: Tools--tips on how to build everything from furniture, to wall treatments, and rigging Situations--scenarios, and layouts for sparking creative activities Insights--bite-sized lessons designed to shortcut your learning curve Space Studies--candid stories with lessons on creating spaces for making, learning, imagining, and connecting Design Template--a framework for understanding, planning, and building collaborative environments Make Space is a new and dynamic resource for activating creativity, communication and invation across institutions, corporations, teams, and schools alike. Filled with tips and instructions that can be approached from a wide variety of angles, Make Space is a ready resource for empowering anyone to take control of an environment.
- Author BiographyScott Witthoft's professional work as an engineer and a designer has focused on understanding and manipulating interactions among systems. This has covered a spectrum including forensic structural engineering, furniture design, and curriculum design. Scott is an amateur musician with a love of stringed instruments. As a Lecturer at Stanford University, he teaches classes in human-centered design and storytelling and visual communication. Scott has degrees in civil engineering from Washington University in St. Louis (BS, '99) and The University of Texas at Austin (MS, '00), and product design from Stanford University (MSE '08). Scott Doorley's work focuses on how physical context and digital media can benefit human experience. His installations with the Dacha Art Collective have been exhibited in the San Jose Museum of Art and the Gray Area Foundation for the Arts San Francisco. Currently he is the Creative Director at the Stanford d.school, where he teaches classes in subjects at the intersection of design and media arts: storytelling and visual communication, improv, and digital media. Scott has degrees in film from the University of California, Los Angeles (BA '96) and learning, design, and technology from Stanford University (MA '06).
- Author(s)Hasso Platner Institute of Design at Stanford University,Scott Doorley,Scott Witthoft
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width204 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byDavid Kelley
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.