All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLighting is one of the most important elements of a room's decorating scheme, yet many of us opt for a plain fabric shade for that table lamp or pendant ceiling light. This fabulous new book from lampshade designer Elizabeth Cake shows you how a beautiful and unique lampshade can completely transform a room, with 35 wonderful projects for you to try. The first section explains in detail how to make the four basic lampshade shapes: drum, bell, Tiffany-style, and cone. Then Textiles includes ideas from fairy light shades made from vintage fabrics to a twisted ribbon drum shade and covers a number of simple techniques such as applique, cross-stitch, patchwork, or simple stitching. Paper, Card, and Wood includes simple designs using papier mache and origami, and ideas for upcycling. Metal has easy but effective ideas such as hanging old keys from a bell frame, as well as more challenging ones such as puncturing copper sheeting to create an Art Deco effect. Finally, Odds and Ends has quirky ways to use found items, such as old 35-mm slides and even drinking straws. With clear instructions and illustrations, this is a comprehensive guide for anyone wishing to add character and style to their lighting scheme.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Cake set up Midnight Bell (www.midnightbell-lampshades.com), selling lampshades made from vintage and recycled materials, in 2009. She has taught lampshade-making workshops around the UK, including the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and the Vintage at Goodwood Festival. She also writes a blog, Glad You Could Make It, about craft books from yesteryear. The author is based in London.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Cake
- PublisherCICO Books
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note250 col photographs and artworks
- Weight396 g
- Width182 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.