Make a Decision: Surgery by Paul Redmond, Mark Corrigan, Arnold Hill (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 5 Mar
- AU $35.04+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou're the general surgeon on call. It is you who has to decide every course of action over your shift. Make the right decisions or face the consequences...
Taking a role-playing approach, Make A Decision: Surgery allows you to be the book's main character - Dr A. Simpson - a junior general surgeon on call in a busy teaching hospital. Your decisions and actions determine the clinical outcomes of real patients within a number of scenarios. Each scenario branches out and unfolds as you make more decisions, but choose incorrectly and you may be sent home by your boss! Every decision you make is scored and evidence-based feedback is presented at the end of each scenario together with the correct clinical response and an explanation of what actually happened to the patient.
Blood work and radiological investigations presented in typical clinical formats allow you to practise your data interpretation skills, whilst your skills in clinical communication are tested to the full as you interact with patients and their families as well as co-members of staff.
Based on first-hand experience, the authors have selected real cases that have impacted on their practice and reflect important points of learning, making the book perfect for medical students, junior doctors, and surgery trainees who are looking for a scenario-based, interactive way to learn.
For further information and online interactive medical teaching visit www.pilgrimshospital.com
- Author BiographyMark Corrigan is an SpR at University College Cork and Skills Trainer at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Professor Arnold Hill is Head of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Professor Paul Redmond is Professor of Surgery at University College Cork.
- Author(s)Arnold Hill,Mark Corrigan,Paul Redmond
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2010
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight282 g
- Width138 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18