All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis elementary-level counterpart to the award-winning Going Blue: A Teen Guide to Saving Our Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, & Wetlands teaches elementary kids about the earth's water crisis and empowers them to do something about it. Filled with facts about our waters, their inhabitants, and the threats they face, Make a Splash! presents inspiring stories of kids in action and practical tips for making a difference. In fun and age appropriate language, kids are introduced to the ideas behind service learning - a rapidly growing teaching strategy that combines academic learning and community service. Kids interested in nature and the environment will enjoy Make a Splash! Service learning groups, youth groups, science teachers, and teachers of conservation and environmentalism units will find it a valuable resource. The back matter includes book and Web resources as well as an afterword for adults, and a teacher's guide is available online.
- Author BiographyCathryn Berger Kaye, M.A., is a former classroom teacher and a current international service learning consultant. She works with state departments of education, universities, school districts, and classroom teachers on a variety of education issues such as service learning, student leadership, and respectful school communities. Cathryn s other books include The Complete Guide to Service Learning and Going Blue. A sought-after speaker, she lives in Los Angeles. Explorer, social entrepreneur, and environmental advocate Philippe Cousteau is the grandson of Captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau. He is founder and CEO of EarthEcho International whose mission is to foster extraordinary leaders to take action to restore and protect our oceans. Philippe is a special correspondent for CNN International, and he is the chief spokesperson for environmental education for Discovery Education. He serves on the Board of Directors of The Ocean Conservancy among other organizations. Philippe lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Cathryn Berger Kaye,Philippe Cousteau
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Interest Age8 - 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.