All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA wide range of cultural competence is addressed in this creative resource for raising diversity awareness in teenagers. With a comprehensive approach that incorporates a variety of learning styles and skill levels, the three sections include personal-awareness activities for those with little exposure to diversity issues, a section for building cultural awareness around a particular topic, and practice activities for trying out new relationship-building methods. Each activity invites participants to examine their attitudes and behaviors about diversity and make the lesson tangible with group discussion. More than 20 reproducible activity sheets and scripts provide group leaders with hands-on tools and ready-to-use lesson plans, and a section on facilitation techniques helps program leaders guide sensitive discussions.
- Author BiographyDawn C. Oparah is the vice president and co-owner of Amadi Leadership Associates, Inc., a consulting firm that offers training and consultation in management, personal leadership development, school improvement strategies, human relation skill development, and community development. She is a founding board member of the Association of Village PRIDE (People Respecting Identity Development in Everyone), Inc., and a board member for the Georgia Council on Substance Abuse. She lives in Fayetteville, Georgia.
- Author(s)Dawn C. Oparah
- PublisherSearch Institute
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSearch Institute
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.