All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll the cutting edge techlogy I learned in college-typewriters, film splicers, glue-is w in a museum; the one thing that hasn't changed is how to tell a visual story. -Bob Dotson Make It Memorable provides a distinctly different, hands-on introduction to the craft of visual storytelling. Many texts have been written to help people master the changing techlogy of journalism; here, Bob Dotson teaches readers how best to tell a story once they do. This second edition of Dotson's classic book offers dozens of new tips for the digital age and a step-by-step explanation of how to find and create all kinds of visual stories under tight deadlines. In addition to new scripts antated with behind-the-scenes insights and structural comments, the book includes links to online videos of all the story examples. There is other text quite like it. Additional videos that can be utilized for class assignments and exercises are available on www.nbclearn.com/makeitmemorable.
- Author BiographyBob Dotson, Special Correspondent for the NBC Today show, has more than forty years of experience in the field of broadcast journalism. His long running American Story segment is one of the most honored series in network television history, winning more than 100 awards, including eight Emmys. In addition, Dotson has received more than seventy awards, including six Edward R. Murrow Awards for Best Network News Writing , the top journalism awards from both DuPont-Columbia and the Robert F. Kennedy Foundation, numerous National Headliner Awards and the highest honor in the field of photojournalism, the Sprague Memorial Citation from the National Press Photographers Association. He is also recipient of the William Allen White Foundation's 2015 National Citation for long-standing journalistic excellence in service to the profession and community.
- Author(s)Bob Dotson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/10/2015
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note14 black & white halftones
- Weight354 g
- Width158 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.