All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing Nature's Playground and Going Wild, the authors once again lure kids away from computers and the TV into the natural world, this time to have a go at making their own entertainment from whatever is available outdoors. This book is about looking at natural materials in a new light and discovering how they can be used creatively. It shows children from eight upwards, including teenagers - and their parents - how to make anything from a cricket bat to an ice lantern, and enjoy expeditions, games and parties outdoors - all with the emphasis firmly on fun. From making things that fly to playing hay bale games, fashioning monsters from wet clay to trying stone jenga, creating living willow sculptures to making natural jewellery, the book helps youngsters to open their eyes and use their imaginations, and to discover the wonder and value of natural materials.
- Author BiographyFIONA DANKS did a degree in Ecology at Edinburgh University followed by a PGCE in Rural and Environmental Science at Bath College of Higher Education. She currently runs the Trust for Oxfordshire's Environment, a non-profit making company providing grants for a wide range of community and environmental projects across Oxfordshire. Fiona lives in Watlington in Oxfordshire. JO SCHOFIELD gained a degree in psychology from Exeter University and began her career working for an educational psychologist in London. After getting involved in the production of a film, she went on to work in the creative department of a TV advertising agency where she began taking still photographs. This led on to her becoming a commercial photographer in Australia and then London.More recently she has been focusing on writing and photographing for a series of books with co-author Fiona Danks. Jo lives near Watlington in Oxfordshire. Through their website www.goingwild.net, Jo and Fiona provide more ideas for outdoor activities and an opportunity for debate on the importance of real world adventures for all young people. Their other titles for Frances Lincoln are Go Wild (9780711229396), Make it Wild (9780711228856), Nature's Playground (9780711224919), and Run Wild! (9780711231726).
- Author(s)Fiona Danks,Jo Schofield
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illustrations and photographs
- Weight600 g
- Width192 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsPlastic
- Edition StatementFlexibind
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $42.83Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.