Makers of 20th Century Modern Architecture: A Bio-Critical Sourcebook by Donald Langmead, Donald Leslie Johnson (Hardback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $101.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most influential 20th century architects espousing modernism are brought together in critical discussion and independent profiles. This is accomplished through a short but discriminating examination of each architect's design work, an essay outlining the historical course and events that confirms his or her vital position, and a substantial bibliography at the completion of each profile. This sourcebook examines the life and creative activities of such founding architects as Wright, Eisenman, Van der Rohe, and Kahn, as well as their disciples. This volume will be of interest to social and cultural historians, scholars, students of all ages, architects, and the appreciative lay audience. The architects and or firms chosen for the sourcebook were selected as a result of many years of research that required extensive reading of materials by respected experts. From such research, the editors were able to determine the individuals or groups who have been most influential in charting the course of a Westernized modern architecture. From evidence of their productive activities-proof in timber-there is a consensus that each made a unique contribution. The nature and measure of the contribution is discussed within each profile. Those whose reputations are based on paper only, with few buildings to prove their worth, are t included. The editors believe that architecture is an experiential art: all the senses must participate, and that requires the actual built product.
- Author BiographyDONALD LESLIE JOHNSON is a native of Washington state and was a member of Louis Kahn's master's class at the University of Pennsylvania. He taught architectural design, theory, and history at universities in the United States and Australia, taking early retirement from Flinders University. He is author of Frank Lloyd Wright versus America: The 1930s (1990) and with Donald Langmead, The Adelaide City Plan (1986). He has written extensively on Wright and Walt Griffin. DONALD LANGMEAD is Associate Professor and Director of Research in the Faculty of Art, Architecture, and Design at the University of South Australia.
- Author(s)Donald Langmead,Donald Leslie Johnson
- Date of Publication18/03/1997
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.