All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe world has changed profoundly since the publication of the influential book Techpoles of the World. As policy-makers and practitioners attempt to harness science, techlogy and invation to create dynamic and vibrant cities many wonder how relevant Manuel Castells and Peter Hall's messages are today. Twenty years later, this book returns to their concepts and practices to update their message for the 21st century. Making 21st Century Kwledge Complexes: Techpoles of the World Revisited argues that the contemporary techpole concept encompasses three new dimensions. Firstly, building synergy between partners is vital for the success of complexes. Secondly, the correct governance arrangements are critical to balance competing interests inevitable in any science city project. Thirdly, new evaluation mechanisms are indispensable in allowing policy-makers to steer their long-term benefits. Through twelve case study chapters and a detailed comparative analysis, this book provides academics, policy-makers and practitioners with critical insights in understanding, managing and promoting today's high-techlogy urban complexes.
- Author BiographyJulie Tian Miao is Lecturer in Urban Planning and Development, University of Glasgow, UK. Paul Benneworth is a Senior Researcher at the Center for Higher Education Policy Studies (CHEPS) at the University of Twente, the Netherlands. Nicholas A. Phelps is Professor of Urban and Regional Development, The Bartlett School of Planning, University College London, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRegions and Cities
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 19 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJulie Tian Miao,Nicholas A. Phelps,Paul Benneworth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.