All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAges 7 to 13 years. Sandi Henry introduces children to the seven basic elements of design that will help them to take a piece of art from That's Nice to Wow! . These elements -- line, shape, form, colour, value, texture, and space -- are the building blocks that all artists use to create works from drawings and paintings to weaving and sculpture. Readers will see examples of how children their own age use elements of design in their work. And they will meet classic masters and contemporary artists whose individual works are based upon these same design techniques. Features: Grid Drawing -- using a grid to divide images into smaller parts to reproduce a photograph or painting; Cut-out Collage -- using free-form shapes cut from construction paper to create a colourful collage; Texture Rubbing -- using the bumps, grooves, lines and other patterns to add interesting visual texture to artwork; Complementary Colour Puzzle -- cutting and gluing shapes of complementary colours to create a striking abstract design; Supersize It! -- using a papier-mache to create an enlarged version of a common object.
- Author(s)Sandi Henry
- PublisherWorthy Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIdeals Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight490 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.91Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $38.98Trending at AU $44.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.