All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this groundbreaking new study, Whicker and Moore address an issue of critical importance to the future ecomic and political stability of the United States: how can this nation become more competitive in international markets. Drawing upon ecomic theory, political philosophy, and specific policy expertise, the authors organize their work around two principle themes: that just as the role of government in a changing world is evolutionary, policies must evolve to reflect shifting ecomic realities, and that previously hostile attitudes among U.S. management, labor, and government must be replaced by cooperation in order to ensure effective, long-term competitiveness abroad.
- Author BiographyMARCIA L. WHICKER is Professor of Public Administration at Virginia Commonwealth University. She is co-author of The Constitution Under Pressure (1987), Sex Role Changes (1986), and U.S. National Health Policy (1984), all published by Praeger. RAYMOND A. MOORE is Professor of Government and International Studies at the University of South Carolina. In addition to the University of South Carolina, he has taught at Upsala College in New Jersey, Columbia University in New York, the University of Panjab in Pakistan, the Universities of Sydney and Tasmania in Australia, San Francisco State University, SUNY at Fredonia, and the the U.S. Army War College.
- Author(s)Marcia Lynn Whicker,Raymond A. Moore
- Date of Publication26/10/1988
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight501 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.