All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking Art History is a collection of essays by contemporary scholars on the practice and theory of art history as it responds to institutions as diverse as art galleries and museums, publishing houses and universities, school boards and professional organizations, political parties and multinational corporations. The text is split into four thematic sections, each of which begins with a short introduction from the editor, the sections include: * Border Patrols, addresses the artistic can and its relationship to the ongoing 'war on terror', globalization, and the rise of the Belgian nationalist party. * The Subjects of Art History, questions whether 'art' and 'history' are really what the discipline seeks to understand. * Instituting Art History, concerns art history and its relation to the university and raises questions about the mission, habits, ethics and limits of university today. * Old Master, New Institutions, shows how art history and the museum respond to nationalism, corporate management models and the 'culture wars'.
- Author BiographyElizabeth C. Mansfield is Associate Professor of Art History at the University of the South. Her research focuses on art historiography and European art of the 18th and 19th centuries. She edited and contributed to Art History and Its Institutions (2002).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2007
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white halftones
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Mansfield
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.