All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA serious guide for the adventurous artist! Using the right tools and materials in the correct way can make a big difference in the success and enjoyment of your artistic process. This hands-on guide outlines the many options at your disposal, so that you can make the most of your art materials, your time in the studio, and your spirit of creative adventure. Bringing 25 years of expertise as an art materials consultant and workshop instructor, Ed Brickler covers everything from classic oil and watercolor techniques to contemporary uses of encaustics, acrylic gels, markers and more. His extensive kwledge and clear, step-by-step techniques will show artists of any level how to use various media to maximum potential. * Explores 15 popular mediums--including graphite, pen & ink, oils, acrylics, watercolor, pastels, mixed media and more. * Covers the various art materials and tools available on the market, offering expert advice on choosing the right supplies for a given medium. * Takes the guesswork out of grounds, pigments, solvents and varnishes. * Illustrates key techniques for each medium through 43 complete demonstrations and hundreds of close-up action photos. Based on the belief that a well-informed artist is a creative and productive artist, Marking Art will help you expand your repertoire of materials, approach your work with greater confidence, and give you the tools to express your artistic vision.
- Author BiographyCurrently the Director of the Canson Art Education program, Ed Brickler is a working experimental artist, and has been an art materials consultant for twenty-five years. Ed has lectured in over 150 art schools in North America on materials and techniques and has conducted workshops and classes on color mixing, pen and ink, painting, drawing and composition.
- Author(s)Ed Brickler
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Light Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.