All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnne Enright is one of the most acclaimed velists of her generation. The Gathering won the 2007 Man Booker Prize, and her follow-up vel, The Forgotten Waltz, garnered universal praise for her lumius language and deep insight into relationships. Now, in Making Babies, Enright offers a new kind of memoir: an unapologetic look at the very personal experience of becoming a mother. With a refreshing -nsense attitude, Enright opens up about the birth and first two years of her children's lives. Enright was married for eighteen years before she and her husband Martin, a playwright, decided to have children. Already a confident, successful writer, Enright continued to work in her native Ireland after each of her two babies was born. While each baby slept, those first two years of life, Enright wrote, in dispatches, about the mess, the glory, and the raw shock of motherhood. Here, unfiltered and irreverent, are Enright's keen reactions to the pains of pregnancy, the joys of breast milk, and the all-too-common pressures to be the perfect parent. Supremely observant and endlessly quizzical, Enright is never saccharine, always witty, but also deeply loving. Already a bestseller in the UK, Making Babies brings Enright's autobiographical writing to American readers for the first time. Tender and candid, it captures beautifully just what it's like for a working woman to become a mother. The result is a moving chronicle of parenthood from one of the most distinctive and gifted authors writing today.
- Author BiographyAnne Enright was born in Dublin, where she now lives and works. She has published three volumes of stories, one book of nonfiction, and five novels. In 2015, she was named the inaugural Laureate for Irish Fiction. Her novel The Gathering won the Man Booker Prize, and her last novel, The Forgotten Waltz, won the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction.
- Author(s)Anne Enright
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication08/06/2012
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight310 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.