All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraised for its fresh and informed discussion of language instruction and language acquisition, the first edition of Making Communicative Language Teaching Happen was recognized by the Modern Language Association as one of the twenty most influential methods textbooks. The authors are both internationally recognized scholars in the field of second language acquisition research and have also written numerous successful language textbooks. The guiding principle of Making Communicative Language Teaching Happen is the premise that communication is the expression, interpretation, and negotiation of meaning, and t simply oral expression. Following that framework, Making Communicative Language Teaching Happen helps instructors develop communicative classroom environments that blend listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Author BiographyJames F. Lee is the Head of the Department of Spanish and Latin American Studies at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. His research interests are in the areas of second language reading comprehension, input processing, and exploring the relationship between the two. His research has appeared in a number of scholarly journals and publications, including the co-authored books with Alessandro Benati Second Language Processing: Theory, Problems and Possible Solutions (2007, Continuum) and Delivering Processing Instruction in Classrooms and Virtual Contexts (2007, Equinox). Other publications include the book Tasks and Communicating in Language Classrooms (2000, McGraw-Hill) and the co-authored book Making Communicative Language Teaching Happen, Second Edition (2003, McGraw-Hill). He has also co-authored secveral textbooks, including 'Sabias que...? Beginning Spanish, Vistazos, 'Que te parece?, and Ideas: Lecturas, estrategias, actividades y composiciones. He and Bill VanPatten are series editors for the McGraw-Hill Second Language Professional Series. Bill VanPatten is Professor and Director of Applied Linguistics and Second Language Studies at Texas Tech University. His areas of research are input and input processing in second language acquisition and the effects of formal instruction on acquisitional processes. He has published widely in the fields of second language acquisition and language teaching and is a frequent conference speaker and presenter. His publications include Making Communicative Language Teaching Happen (with James F. Lee, 2003,McGraw-Hill), From Input to Output: A Teacher's Guide to Second Language Acquisition (2003, McGraw-Hill), Processing Instruction: Theory, Research, and Practice (2004, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates) and most recently, Theories in Second Language Acquisition: An Introduction (with Jessica Williams, 2007, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates). He is the lead author of Vistazos, 'Sabias que...?, Destinos and Sol y viento. Dr. VanPatten is the 2007 recipient of the Anthony Papalia Award for Excellence in Teacher Education, awarded jointly by ACTFL and NYSAFLT. When not engaged in academic activities, he writes fiction and performs stand-up comedy. He has recently published his first work of fiction, a collection of short stories titled Chicago Tales, published by Outskirts Press (2007).
- Author(s)Bill VanPatten,James F. Lee
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleMaking Communicative Language Teaching Happen
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight519 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $35.80Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $45.31Trending at AU $48.57
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $28.96
- AU $27.48Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $16.78Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $18.88Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $17.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.