Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model by Jana J. Echevarria, Deborah J. Short, MaryEllen Vogt (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $162.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNote: This is the bound book only and does t include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134403290. Using a writing style that is practical and applicable to all kinds of classrooms, this widely popular book presents a user-friendly approach for planning and implementing lessons for teaching English learners and other students. It provides students with access to grade-level content, develops their academic English skills, and prepares them to be college and career ready. The SIOP model is a comprehensive, coherent, research-validated, success-proven model for improving teaching effectiveness and ensuring academic gains for students. It can be implemented in all content areas at all grade levels and English proficiency levels. Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners provides specific application of the SIOP to the Common Core and other state standards and includes a Reflect and Apply eText feature in which readers explain their rating of teachers' lessons, and Teaching with Techlogy vignettes that describe how to infuse techlogy into many different SIOP lessons. The Enhanced Pearson eText features new video links inserted throughout to illustrate chapter topics and discussion points. Check for Understanding and end-of-chapter quizzes provide a comprehensive means for gauging student understanding. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: * Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. * Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* * Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
- Author BiographyJana Echevarria, Ph.D., is Professor Emerita at California State University, Long Beach where she was selected as Outstanding Professor. She has taught in elementary, middle, and high school in general education, special education, ESL, and bilingual programs. An internationally known expert on second language learners, she has lived and worked in Taiwan, Mexico, and Spain. Her research and publications focus on effective instruction for English learners, including those with learning disabilities. She has presented her research across the U.S. and internationally including Oxford University (England), Wits University (South Africa), Harvard University (U.S.), Stanford University (U.S.), University of Barcelona (Spain) and South East Europe University (Macedonia) where she was a Fulbright Specialist. A founding researcher of the SIOP Model her publications include multiple books, book chapters and journal articles. MaryEllen Vogt, Ed.D., is Professor Emerita of Education at California State University, Long Beach. Dr. Vogt, a former classroom teacher, reading specialist, curriculum coordinator, and teacher educator, received her doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley. She is an author of over 60 articles and chapters, and is co-author of seventeen books for teachers and administrators, including Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model. Her research interests include improving comprehension in the content areas, teacher change and development, and content literacy and language acquisition for English learners. Dr. Vogt has provided professional development in all fifty states and in several other countries, including Germany, where she was invited to serve as a Visiting Scholar at the University of Cologne. She was inducted into the California Reading Hall of Fame, received her university's Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award, and served as President of the International Reading Association. Deborah J. Short, Ph.D., founded and directs Academic Language Research & Training, a consulting company, and provides professional development on sheltered instruction, content-based language teaching, and academic literacy worldwide. Formerly she was a Division Director at the Center for Applied Linguistics, Washington, DC, where she directed quasi-experimental and experimental studies on English learners funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York, Rockefeller Foundation, and U.S. Department of Education, among others. Her publications include journal articles, the SIOP(R) Model book series, and several ESL textbook series for National Geographic/Cengage. She taught English as a second/foreign language in New York, California, Virginia, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. She has served on the Board of Directors of the TESOL International Association and has presented research in the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, Brazil, Europe, and the Middle East.
- Author(s)Deborah J. Short,Jana J. Echevarria,MaryEllen Vogt
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication04/01/2016
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement5th edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.