Making Everyday Electronics Work: A Do-it-yourself Guide by Stan Gibilisco (Paperback, 2013)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHands-on advice for maintenance, repair, and DIY home and automotive electricity and electronics projects For anyone who has felt lost when setting up a home entertainment system, wondered how to fix a malfunctioning electrical socket, or puzzled over how to make the Wi-Fi in the front room reach the back- Making Everyday Electronics Work is here to help! It's for ordinary, n-technical people who want to learn how to maintain home and automotive electrical and electronic systems and avoid costly repair bills. Bestselling electronics author Stan Gibilisco explains why devices and systems sometimes fail and presents solutions to common problems. Each chapter builds and reinforces your understanding of the what and the how-to of aspects of electricity or electronics. Fact or Myth? sidebars clear up points of confusion, and Tip sidebars offer specialized bits of advice. The last chapter presents several around-the-home DIY electronics projects for those who want to try out smart home features, solar power back-ups, green power-saving techniques, and more. A back-of-the-book glossary defines commonly encountered terms in easy-to-understand language.
- Author BiographyStan Gibilisco has authored or coauthored more than 50 books on physics, electronics, mathematics, and computing. He began his career as a radio-frequency design engineer, a technical writer, a magazine editor, and a wireless broadcast technician. The American Library Association named Stan's McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Personal Computing as one of the Best References of 1996. In addition to authoring several books in McGraw-Hill Professional's Demystified series of home study guides, he has also written three books in the Know-It-All series for students who enjoy mathematics.
- Author(s)Stan Gibilisco
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight504 g
- Width175 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine16 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.