All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth look at how leaders in Asia apply the Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership in their organizations Kouzes and Posner's Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership is the most trusted and proven leadership paradigm in the business world. Making Extraordinary Things Happen in Asia focuses on the unique ways leaders in Asia have applied the Five Practices and documents their success with it. Using actual case studies and first-person experiences, the book examines the Five Practices framework, shows how the behaviors of individual leaders make a difference, and reveals what leadership in Asia looks like on a daily basis. Each of the Five Practices is supported with five or six case studies illustrating what the Practice looks like on a behavioral level. After examining the Five Practices, the book then reveals what actions would-be and current leaders in Asia can do to improve their leadership skills and effectiveness. * Customizes the legendary Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership framework specifically for Asian leaders, and a companion to The Leadership Challenge * Features real case studies that show the Practices in action on a daily basis * From leadership gurus James Kouzes and Barry Posner, together with one of Asia's top leadership experts, Steve DeKrey For leaders and aspiring leaders of Asian organizations and business, Making Extraordinary Things Happen in Asia is an invaluable guide to long-term leadership success.
- Author BiographyJames Kouzes is the Dean's Executive Fellow of Leadership, Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University, and lectures on leadership around the world to corporations, governments, and nonprofits. Barry Posner is Michael J. Accolti Endowed Professor of Leadership and former Dean (1997-2009) of the Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University. An accomplished scholar, he also provides leadership workshops and seminars around the world. Kouzes and Posner are the authors of The Leadership Challenge, 5th Edition, Credibility, The Truth About Leadership, A Leader's Legacy, Encouraging the Heart, and The Student Leadership Challenge, among many other works. They also developed the highly acclaimed Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI). Steven DeKrey is the 9th president of the Asian Institute of Management (AIM), in the Philippines. Previously he was the senior associate dean and director of masters programs for the business school at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. DeKrey is the author of Learning from Leaders in Asia and Leadership Experiences in Asia.
- Author(s)Barry Z. Posner,James M. Kouzes,Steven J. DeKrey
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight238 g
- Width160 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.