All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking Geometry Come Alive provides a set of versatile enrichment exercises designed to motivate students interest in a broad range of topics. Each activity is presented as a reproducible student investigation. It is followed by guidelines and tes for teachers. First and foremost, the activities are meant to be motivational. As much as possible, we want this book to achieve the goal of being attractive to students and show them that there is much more to geometry that proving theorems. To demonstrate this aspect of geometry, it is necessary for the investigation to be quite different from what students encounter in their basal texts-different in both substance and form. Presenting activities on a regular basis gives the variety and change of pace needed to sustain interest in any.
- Author BiographyAlfred S. Posamentier is professor of mathematics education and dean of the School of Education at the City College of the City University of New York. He has authored and co-authored several resource books in mathematics education for Corwin Press.
- Author(s)Alfred S. Posamentier
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/09/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.