All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOther books tell us how to live the good life-but you might have to win the lottery to do it. Making Home is about improving life with the real people around us and the resources we already have. While encouraging us to be more resilient in the face of hard times, author Sharon Astyk also points out the beauty, grace, and elegance that result, because getting the most out of everything we use is a way of transforming our lives into something much more fulfilling. Written from the perspective of a family who has already made this transition, Making Home shows readers how to turn the challenge of living with less into settling for more-more happiness, more security, and more peace of mind. Learn simple but effective strategies to: * Save money on everything from heating and cooling to refrigeration, laundry, water, sanitation, cooking, and cleaning * Create a stronger, more resilient family * Preserve more for future generations We must make fundamental changes to our way of life in the face of ongoing ecomic crisis and energy depletion. Making Home takes the fear out of this prospect, and invites us to embrace a simpler, more abundant reality. Sharon Astyk is a writer, teacher, blogger, and farmer whose family uses eighty percent less energy and resources than the average American household. She is a member of the board of directors of ASPO-USA, founder of the Riot 4 Austerity, and the author of three previous books, including Depletion and Abundance and Independence Days.
- Author BiographySharon Astyk is a writer, teacher, blogger, and farmer who raises vegetables, poultry and dairy goats with her family in upstate New York. She and her family use 80% less energy and resources than the average American household. Sharon is a member of the Board of Directors of ASPO-USA and the award-winning author of three previous books including Depletion and Abundance.
- Author(s)Sharon Astyk
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Out-of-print date13/12/2014
- Content NoteB&W illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.