All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Edison famously said that genius is 1 per cent inspiration, 99 per cent perspiration. Every day new solutions, revolutionary cures, and artistic breakthroughs are conceived and squandered by smart people. Along with the gift of creativity come the obstacles to making ideas happen: lack of organisation, lack of accountability and a lack of community support. Scott Belsky has interviewed hundreds of the most productive creative people and teams in the world, revealing one common trait: a carefully trained capacity for executing ideas. Implementing your ideas is a skill that can be taught, and Belshy distills the core principles in this book. While many of us obsess about discovering great new ideas, Belsky shows why it is better to develop the capacity to make ideas happen - using old-fashioned passion and perspiration. Making Ideas Happen reveals the practical yet counterintuitive techniques of 'serial creatives' - those few who make their visions a reality.
- Author BiographyScott Belsky is the founder and CEO of Behance, the software and design company dedicated to enhancing productivity in the creative community. He oversees a social networking site used by more than 30,000 creative professionals from around the world. He has consulted for media and Fortune 500 companies, including GE and Hewlett-Packard. In 2010 he was included in Fast Company's '100 Most Creative People in Business' list. Prior to founding Behance he helped grow the Pine Street Leadership Initiative at Goldman Sachs; he received his MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Author(s)Scott Belsky
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteill
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.