All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $55.09Free postage
- AU $54.65Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionProfitable invation doesn't just happen. It must be managed, measured, and properly executed, and few companies kw how to accomplish this effectively. Making Invation Work presents a formal invation process proven to work at HP, Microsoft and Toyota, to help ordinary managers drive top and bottom line growth from invation. The authors have drawn on their unsurpassed invation consulting experience -- as well as the most thorough review of invation research ever performed. They'll show what works, what doesn't, and how to use management tools to dramatically increase the payoff from invation investments. Learn how to define the right strategy for effective invation; how to structure an organization to invate best; how to implement management systems to assess ongoing invation; how to incentivize teams to deliver, and much more. This book offers the first authoritative guide to using metrics at every step of the invation process -- from idea creation and selection through prototyping and commercialization. This updated edition refreshes the examples used throughout the book and features a new introduction that gives currency to the principles covered throughout.
- Author BiographyTONY DAVILA leads the Entrepreneurship Department and Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center at IESE Business School, and is one of the world's leading scholars, speakers, and advisers on entrepreneurship and innovation. Building on his doctoral work at the Harvard Business School, he works with both large industrial companies and Silicon Valley startups to design management control and performance measurement systems that drive innovation. MARC J. EPSTEIN is Distinguished Research Professor of Management at Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University. Previously Visiting Professor at Harvard, he has been a senior consultant to leading corporations and governments for more than thirty years, specializing in strategy implementation, innovation, governance, accountability, and performance metrics. He has also served as professor at Stanford Business School and INSEAD. ROBERT D. SHELTON is the Leader of the Innovation Practice at a major global consulting firm. Through many years as an innovation consultant, his client list is a who's who of innovative companies including leaders in high tech, consumer goods and services, software, financial services, cleantech, aerospace, and healthcare industries. He was Vice President and Managing Director with Arthur D. Little, and Managing Director of the SRI Worldwide Technology Management practice.
- Author(s)Marc J. Epstein,Robert Shelton,Tony Davila
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFinancial TImes Prentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight638 g
- Width169 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition StatementUpdated ed
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.