CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionEuropean colonial and religious intrusions in the region transformed, but did t destroy, local medical practices. Perhaps the major transformation since the colonial period and extending into the postcolonial, has been the increasing commercialization of traditional medicine as African healers shift their practices away from group concerns to a focus more concerned with treating the individual. Written in a lucid style, full of vibrant anecdotes, Maynard's book will appeal t only to medical anthropologists and development workers, but also to anyone interested in nwestern medicine and practices.
- Author BiographyKent Maynard
- Author(s)Kent Maynard
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication11/02/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight857 g
- Width163 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.