All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn Making Media Studies, David Gauntlett turns media and communications studies on its head. He proposes a vision of media studies based around doing and making t about the acquisition of skills, as such, but an experience of building kwledge and understanding through creative hands-on engagement with all kinds of media. Gauntlett suggests that media studies scholars have failed to recognise the significance of everyday creativity the vital drive of people to make, exchange, and learn together, supported by online networks. He argues that we should think about media in terms of conversations, inspirations, and making things happen. Media studies can be about genuine social change, if we recognise the significance of everyday creativity, work to transform our tools, and learn to use them wisely. Making Media Studies is a lively, readable, and heartfelt manifesto from the author of Making is Connecting.
- Author BiographyDavid Gauntlett is a Professor in the Faculty of Media, Arts and Design and Co-Director of the Communications and Media Research Institute at the University of Westminster, United Kingdom. See davidgauntlett.com for further information, blog, and videos.
- Author(s)David Gauntlett
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number93
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight400 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.