All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does motherhood mean today? Drawing on interviews with new mothers and intergenerational chains of women in the same family, this exciting and timely book documents the transition to motherhood over generations and time. Exploring, amongst other things, the trend to later motherhood and the experience of teenage pregnancy, a compelling picture emerges. Becoming a mother is t only a profound moment of identity change but also a site of socio-ecomic difference that shapes women's lives.
- Author BiographyRachel Thomson is Professor of Social Research at The Open University, UK. Mary Jane Kehily is Senior Lecturer in Childhood and Youth Studies at The Open University. Lucy Hadfield is a postgraduate research student at The Open University. Sue Sharpe is a freelance researcher and writer.
- Author(s)Lucy Hadfield,Mary Jane Kehily,Rachel Thomson,Sue Sharpe
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication20/06/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width138 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.