Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy does a director choose a particular script? What must they do in order to keep actors fresh and truthful through take after take of a single scene? How do you stage a shootout involving more than one hundred extras and three colliding taxis in the heart of New York s diamond district? What does it take to keep the studio honchos happy? From the first rehearsal to the final screening, Making Movies is a master s take, delivered with clarity, candor, and a wealth of anecdote. For in this book, Sidney Lumet, one of our most consistently acclaimed directors, gives us both a professional memoir and a definitive guide to the art, craft, and business of the motion picture. Drawing on forty years of experience on movies that range from Long Day s Journey into Night to Network and The Verdict and with such stars as Katharine Hepburn, Paul Newman, Marlon Brando, and Al Paci Lumet explains how painstaking labor and inspired split-second decisions can result in two hours of screen magic.
- Author BiographySidney Lumet s films have received more than fifty Academy Award nominations. He has been nominated by the Directors Guild of America for Best Director seven times. In addition, he has received an honorary lifetime membership in the Directors Guild of America as well as its most prestigious award, the D. W. Griffith Award. In 1993, he received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Arts Club. His films have been shown in retrospectives at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the American Museum of the Moving Image, the British Academy in London, and the Cinematheque in Paris. He has also been honored by the French government as a Commander of Arts and Letters. He died in 2011.
- Author(s)Sidney Lumet
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1996
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.