All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUKLA Academic Book Award 2016: Highly Commended Making Poetry Happen provides a valuable resource for trainee and practicing teachers, enabling them to become more confident and creative in teaching what is recognized as a very challenging aspect of the English curriculum. The volume editors draw together a wide-range of perspectives to provide support for development of creative practices across the age phases, drawing on learners' and teachers' perceptions of what poetry teaching is like in all its forms and within a variety of contexts, including: - inspiring young people to write poems - engaging invisible pupils (especially boys) - listening to poetry - performing poetry Throughout, the contributors include practical, tried-and-tested materials, including activities, and draw on case studies. This approach ensures that the theory is clearly linked to practice as they consider teaching and learning poetry to those aged between 5 and 19 from different perspectives, looking at reading; writing; speaking and listening; and transformative poetry cultures. Each of the four parts includes teacher commentaries on how they have adapted and developed the poetry activities for use in their own classroom.
- Author BiographySue Dymoke is Reader in Education in the School of Education at the University of Leicester, UK, where she is Course Leader of the Secondary PGCE. Myra Barrs is a freelance writer and researcher working in education. She was formerly Director of the Centre for Literacy in Primary Education, UK. Andrew Lambirth is Professor of Education in the Faculty of Education and Health at the University of Greenwich, UK. Anthony Wilson is Senior Lecturer in the Graduate School of Education at the University of Exeter, UK, where he is Subject Leader for PCGE Primary English.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight527 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAnthony Wilson,Mr. Andrew Lambirth,Myra Barrs,Sue Dymoke
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.