All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study presents a new approach to tense-aspect teaching from the perspective of Cognitive Linguistics. Its aims are twofold: first, to provide a coherent account of the English tense-aspect system. To this end, a synthesis of Langacker's Cognitive Grammar theory and Fauconnier's Mental Space approach will be put forward. Second, to test the applicability and effectiveness of CL-informed learning materials in the language classroom. For that purpose, an empirical analysis was conducted involving German students of English at an upper-intermediate level. The study therefore addresses linguists and language teachers alike.
- Author BiographyMonika Reif works as a lecturer and researcher at the University of Koblenz-Landau (Germany). She studied English and German Linguistics, Literature and Culture at the University of Koblenz-Landau, the University of Western Australia and University College London. In 2006 she received a teaching degree and in 2008 a master's degree. This dissertation was funded by the Graduate School for Teaching and Learning Processes (UPGradE) at Landau University.
- Author(s)Monica Reif
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- Series TitleDuisburg Papers on Research in Language and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.