All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of original pieces brings together critical perspectives on the intersection of ethnic and gender identities as spatialized forms of embodied social practice, tackling important recent themes such as whiteness, masculinity, the body, sexuality, diaspora and globalization. Designed to bring these debates to students in a way that bridges contemporary theory with vivid case material, this is a lively and wide-ranging text of relevance to a range of social sciences.
- Author BiographyCLAIRE ALEXANDER is Lecturer in Sociology at the London School of Economic and Political Science, UK. She has researched and published on race, youth and masculinity in Britain. Publications include The Art of Being Black (Oxford University Press, 1996) and The Asian Gang (Berg 2000). CAROLINE KNOWLES is Reader in Sociology at Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK. She is the author of Bedlam on the Streets (Routledge 2000), Family Boundaries: The Invention of Normality and Dangerousness (Broadview Press, 1996), Race, Discourse and Labourism (Routledge 1992) and joint editor of Resituating Identities: The Politics of Race, Ethnicity and Culture (Broadview Press, 1996).
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byCaroline Knowles,Claire Alexander
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.