All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage which develops 'against all the odds' is very precious. Words were t eugh for Tom; it was signs that made sense of a world silenced by meningitis. Confidence came via joyful and positive steps to communication from babyhood; a brush with epilepsy, a cochlear implant in his teens and life as an independent young adult followed.
- Author BiographyJenny Froude was a journalist on Woman's Weekly before retiring to have a longed-for family. New communication skills were needed when the youngest was deafened by meningitis at 5 months. The years that followed were a steep but lovely learning curve! She studied Signed English and worked as an SSA in a Senior Hearing Impairment Unit for four years.
- Author(s)Jenny Froude
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2003
- Series TitleParents' and Teachers' Guides
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width150 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.