All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEndless material is available to teachers and teacher educators on topics related to the techniques of teaching, but very little connects the theories of education and the challenges of daily teaching practice in the classroom. Educators are often wondering, 'What are the basics of teaching?' and 'How do teachers transform the techniques of teaching and federal mandates into positive relationships children?'. Here, the author helps readers understand the connection between our perceptions and the potential for teachers and children to learn within a pedagogical relationship. Anne Hill provides classroom stories, insights offered by teachers and children, and the discourses of philosophy, literature, and educational theory. Teachers' actions, interactions, and words are interpreted as expressions of professional and personal kwledge, a kwledge that is formed through their daily relationships with children, parents, and curriculum. For all teachers and teacher educators.
- Author BiographyAnne Hill is an instructor in the department of Elementary Education, at the University of Alberta and adjunct faculty at St. Stephen's College at the University of Alberta. She is retired from the Edmonton Public School Board, Alberta, Canada.
- Author(s)Anne Hill
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication09/12/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width170 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.