All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is research? Why is it important in health and nursing? How should students use evidence in practice? This short and simple book for those who are completely new to research will answer all your students' questions about the subject. It will help them to make sense of the various and often confusing research methods and termilogy, to read and appraise literature and to understand how research is implemented in practice. It features: * Case examples of real research from a variety of settings and a range of countries so that students can see how research applies to the real world * Tools, examples and frameworks to help students to find, appraise and critique research * Chapter learning outcomes and key points to help students to remember important information * A companion website with interactive glossary and reflective exercises to help students test their kwledge and apply it to practice, printable step-by-step frameworks for use when searching for or critiquing a paper, and direct links to relevant SAGE journal articles and weblinks. * Further resources for lecturers are available, including all the practice examples from the book, seminar question ideas and critical appraisal powerpoints. The book is essential reading for undergraduate and postgraduate students of nursing and health in the UK and internationally.
- Author BiographyPam Moule is Professor of Health Services Research and Director of the Centre for Health and Clinical Research at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Pam is engaged in a number of research and evaluation projects across a range of health care environments, supported by a variety of funders. Pam delivers research methods education, supervises undergraduate and masters level dissertations, and supports Doctoral students in the fields of leadership, learning and workforce. Pam has a number of publications in a range of nursing and medical journals and has published four textbooks. Pam is on the editorial board of Nurse Education Today and reviews papers for a number of nursing and health care journals.
- Author(s)Pam Moule
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/02/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.