All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 3 September 1996, Bill C-41 was proclaimed in force, initiating one significant step in the reform of sentencing and parole in Canada. This is the first book that, in addition to providing an overview of the law, effectively presents a sociological analysis of the legal reforms and their ramifications in this controversial area. The commissioned essays in this collection cover such crucial issues as options and alternatives in sentencing, patterns revealed by recent statistics, sentencing of mirity groups, Bill C-41 and its effects, conditional sentencing, and the structure and relationship between parole and sentencing are clearly presented. An introduction, editorial comments beginning each chapter, and a concluding chapter draw the essays together resulting in a timely, comprehensive and extremely readable work on this critical topic. Broad in scope and perspective, this major new socio-legal study of the law of sentencing will be illuminating to students, members of the legal profession, and the general reader.
- Author BiographyDavid P. Cole is a Provincial Court Judge in Scarborough, Ontario, who has considerable background in penal and parole litigation. Julian V. Roberts is Professor of Criminology at the University of Ottawa and editor of the Canadian Journal of Criminology. He previously worked for the Department of Justice Canada and the Canadian Sentencing commission.
- Author(s)Julian V. Roberts
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDavid P. Cole,Julian V. Roberts
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.