All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis tribute to Professor Detlev Vagts of the Harvard Law School brings together his colleagues at Harvard and the American Society of International Law, as well as academics, judges and practitioners, many of them his former students. Their essays span the entire spectrum of modern transnational law: international law in general; transnational ecomic law; and transnational lawyering and dispute resolution. The contributors evaluate established fields of transnational law, such as the protection of property and investment, and explore new areas of law which are in the process of detaching themselves from the nation-state such as global administrative law and the regulation of cross-border lawyering. The implications of decentralised rm-making, the proliferation of dispute settlement mechanisms and the rising backlash against global legal interdependence in the form of demands for preserving state legal automy are also examined.
- Author BiographyPieter Bekker heads the public international law practice at Crowell & Moring LLP and teaches international investment law and arbitration at Columbia Law School in New York. Rudolf Dolzer is Professor of International and European Law at the University of Bonn. Michael Waibel is a University Lecturer at the University of Cambridge and the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law. His main research interests are public international law, international economic law with a particular focus on finance and the settlement of international disputes. He teaches international law, WTO law and European Union law. He holds Mag. iur. and Dr. iur. degrees from the Universitat Wien, an MSc (Econ.) from the London School of Economics and an LLM from Harvard Law School. He is admitted to the New York bar and holds a diploma of the Hague Academy of International Law. He has also worked for the European Central Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectInternational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight1120 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byDr Michael Waibel,Pieter H. F. Bekker,Rudolf Dolzer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.