All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $39.59Free postage
- AU $43.77Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionStarting with the early years of Victoria's reign, this essential book examines the developments and evolution of fashionable dress as it progressed throughout her six decades as queen. From the demure styles of the 1840s to the exaggerated sleeves of the 1890s, it explores the ever-changing Victorian silhouette, and gives patterns, instructions and advice so that the amateur dressmaker can create their own versions of these historic outfits. Other topics covered include: information on tools and equipment; a guide to transferring pattern pieces; a concise guide to the various layers of Victorian underwear; step-by-step instructions with colour photographs to help construct the patterns and advice on how to personalize the outfit. Illustrations of fashion plates, Victorian carte de visite photographs and original surviving garments provide visual inspiration and reference.
- Author BiographyHeather Audin is a museum curator, social historian and dressmaker. She also runs her own small replica costume business. She is passionate about researching and recreating historic dress, with a special interest in the Victorian period.
- Author(s)Heather Audin
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note309 colour photographs
- Weight546 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.