All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn active and invative approach to making words that teachers and their students have grown to love is finally here! Based on its highly successful parent text, Phonics They Use, this new grade-level series Making Words offers teachers a fresh multi-level activity and lesson series written for the kindergarten through fifth grade classroom. Pat Cunningham and Dottie Hall present classroom teachers with effective tools for strengthening phonics and spelling skills that encourage students to move beyond learning and into a world of word discovery. Each research-based volume includes a wealth of friendly, hands-on, manipulative activities that guide teachers in teaching the development of words--from phonemic awareness to spelling. In Making Words Third Grade, Pat and Dottie introduce third grade teachers to 70 lessons that teach the homophones, spelling changes, prefixes and suffixes that most third grade curriculums cover. Each Making Words activity contains rhyming words which help children review the more complex vowel patterns. Including homophones, prefixes, suffixes, spelling changes, and complex rhyming patterns allowing third graders at all levels to make progress in their spelling and decoding ability. Making Words Third Grade is the best resource you can have on hand for motivating your students to learn words! * Features 70 fun and interactive lessons for building rhyming and decoding skills.* Presents a concise method for involving students in the process of identifying homophones, prefixes, and suffixes and how these change the meanings of words in sentences.* Promotes student awareness of similarities in words that helps develop writing skills.* Includes reproducible letter tiles, record sheets for each lesson, and take-home sheets to copy, cut, and/or laminate. * Highlights a list of useful children's books to extend the Making Words lesson.
- Author BiographyPatricia M. Cunningham is a Professor of Education at Wake Forest University. She has over 30 years of experience, taught in various elementary grades and remedial reading, and was a curriculum coordinator and director of reading. Her major professional goal is promoting literacy for all children and currently engages in Four-Blocks(R) workshops and staff development with educators. Dorothy P. Hall is a Professor of Education at Wake Forest University.
- Author(s)Dorothy P. Hall,Patricia M. Cunningham
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/12/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.