All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time of political polarization and ecomic turmoil, Americans yearn for superlative leadership. Few have demonstrated leadership better than Captain Sully Sullenberger, a man who embodies the core values that are the heart of America: responsibility, optimism, integrity, loyalty, and compassion. In this follow-up to his New York Times bestselling memoir Highest Duty , Sully engages nearly a dozen distinguished Americans to explore the nature of leadership, what it means, what it takes, and how it can be fostered and developed in all of our lives. Key questions that are addressed in this book include: Where do the best leaders come from? How do the most successful and creative truly lead, motivate, and inspire? Sullenberger talks to men and women from diverse fields, including medicine, education, sports, public service, finance, and the military, all who embody the truest sense of moral courage and leadership by personal example. Among those included are: Tony La Russa, the legendary baseball manager; Eugene Kranz, the NASA Flight Director during the historic Gemini and Apollo programs; Michelle Rhee, founder of the New Teacher Project; former Goverr of Michigan Jennifer Granholm; Jim Sinegal, co-founder and CEO, Costco; Major Tammy Duckworth, former Assistant Secretary with the Department of Veterans Affairs; and former Labor Secretary Robert Reich. This is an inspirational journey that asks us to consider the fundamental question: What is the nature of leadership? Making a Difference challenges us with lessons each of us can apply to our own lives.
- Author BiographyChesley B. Sully Sullenberger, III has been dedicated to the pursuit of safety for his entire adult life. While he is best known for serving as Captain during what has been called the Miracle on the Hudson, Sullenberger is a speaker, aviation safety expert, and accident investigator, serves as the CBS News Aviation and Safety Expert, and is the founder and chief executive officer of Safety Reliability Methods, Inc., a company dedicated to management, safety, performance, and reliability consulting. He lives with his family in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Author(s)Chesley B. Sullenberger,Douglas Century
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Weight240 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.